Northeastern University London
Welcome to London
Northeastern harnesses the power of place, offering academic programs and opportunities that reflect unique offerings at our London Campus. Northeastern University London offers a broad liberal arts-inspired curriculum guided by highly personalized teaching and support. Here, humanities is understood in the broadest terms, from the creative arts to economics—students benefit from being in an interdisciplinary academic environment.
Northeastern University London’s unique global position will allow you and your peers to amplify your university experience by living, studying, and growing in London during your time as an undergraduate. London will be your gateway to Europe; Northeastern will be your gateway to the world.
Visit Northeastern University London
Northeastern University London is a prestigious, university-level college in the heart of London. NU London is situated in Devon House in St Katharine Docks, a vibrant and dynamic quarter in central London. Join us to learn more about the NU London Campus.
London Enrollment Opportunities
Students can enter NU London through one of two enrollment options.
- NU London Double Degree Program – Students will have the opportunity to spend three years in London and receive their U.K. Bachelor’s degree. They can then complete an additional year at NU Boston or Oakland to receive a U.S. Bachelors, earning two globally recognized degrees in 4 yearsStudents interested in the NU London Double Degree program can apply directly through UCAS, the UK-based application system (Northeastern University London’s provider number is N53), or via Northeastern University London’s direct application.
- NU London Scholars Program – Students will spend their first year in London before transitioning to Northeastern’s Boston campus for the remainder of their U.S. Bachelor’s degree. Students who enter as NU London Scholars will take courses that align with Northeastern’s first-year curriculum. Students can indicate their preference in our London Scholars program in the Northeastern-specific section of the application.
In London, you’ll have the world at your fingertips through opportunities that will deepen your cultural understanding and prepare you for the future.
Students in the Double Degree Program can pursue a variety of degree programs, including:
- Applied Digital Technology Solutions BSc
- Business BSc
- Computer Science & Business BSc
- Data Science BSc
- Economics BSc
- Law LLB
- Philosophy & Computer Science BSc
- Politics & International Relations BSc
- Psychology BA
Students admitted to London Scholars will take courses which align with Northeastern’s first-year curriculum, in addition to fulfilling major requirements, and earning credit for NUpath, Northeastern’s core requirements. Beyond the classroom, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in London’s rich history and culture.
Northeastern University London is situated in Devon House in St Katharine Docks, a vibrant and dynamic quarter in central London. Located just a few minutes’ walk from the Tower of London, one of the UK’s most iconic heritage sites, and Tower Bridge, one of the most instantly recognizable structures in the world, St Katharine Docks are steeped in the history of London and the River Thames upon which the city was founded.
In your first year, all NU London enrolled students will live in the University’s recommended student accommodation partner properties. These accommodations have been selected for their central locations, comfort, excellent facilities and security features, and will have University staff living alongside students to provide support and guidance.
After transitioning to Boston, London Scholars students will be guaranteed one year of university housing in Boston for their second year as long as they meet all housing and deposit requirements.
London is one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the world. Packed full of museums, theatres, world-class restaurants, London also boasts a wide-variety of music and comedy venues. Whether you want to visit a world-famous gallery, enjoy your favorite band perform or photograph iconic landmarks, there is always something to do. Learn more about student life at Northeastern University London here.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to the most frequently asked NU London Double Degree questions, check out our Northeastern University London FAQs. For additional questions on the NU London Double Degree program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For answers to the most frequently asked London Scholars questions, check out our London Scholars FAQs. For additional questions on the NU London Scholars program, please contact email@example.com.
Steps to Deposit
To submit your Northeastern University London deposit follow the steps below:
- Log into your Application Status Check. You will need to enter your NUID (which can be found on your admission letter) and your birth date in order to log in.
- To deposit, select “Northeastern University London Double Degree Enrollment Deposit” or “Northeastern University London Scholars Enrollment Deposit”
- Once you click “Submit” you will receive a confirmation email.
Your enrollment deposits can be submitted through your Application Status Check. Please note that enrollment deposits are non-refundable.
NU London Double Degree Deposit
- Enrollment Deposit 1: Due 11:59 p.m. EDT May 1, 2023: $1,200 (USD)
- Enrollment Deposit 2: Due 11:59 p.m. EDT June 1, 2023: $2,500 (USD)
NU London Scholars Deposit
- Enrollment Deposit: Due 11:59 p.m. EDT May 1, 2023:$1,200 (USD)
Documents to Enroll
All students must review and complete the conditional requirements document that will be included in the Application Status Check before submitting the enrollment deposit. NU London admits will need to complete the form to select the London program they would like to enroll in.
In addition, after you submit your deposit, and before departing for your fall semester, please request that the following information (if applicable) is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to bring the original documents with you when you arrive in London:
- Final high school transcript (required)
- Advanced Placement test results
- International Baccalaureate exam results
- New or updated SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- Official secondary school national exam results
- College transcripts from any previous work
The program is required to make advance financial commitments to travel agents, vendors, and the partner institution to secure items such as housing, classroom space, and co-curricular activities. Therefore, should you withdraw from the program at any time after May 1, you will be responsible for the terms provided within the Withdrawal and Payment policy. You are encouraged to plan carefully and are required to review this policy as soon as possible. In this policy, you will see information on payment terms, schedule of charges, and withdrawal conditions and processes. You can read more about this policy here.
Cost & Payment
Please note that this is an estimate that is subject to Board of Trustee approval.
NU London Double Degree Students
The Double Degree Program estimated direct billed charges include tuition and accommodations (housing). Tuition and fees range from $26,000 to $31,000 per year depending on students’ main degree subject. Accommodation costs range from $19,000 to $27,000 per year depending on the type of room students select. The costs are based on exchange rates in March 2023.
NU London Scholars Students
The London Scholars estimated direct billed costs for the 2023-2024 academic year are $81,472, subject to Board of Trustees approval. This includes $62,392 in tuition for the first year and a $19,080 program fee, which includes housing and flight costs. While every student has different requirements for personal monthly budgets, we recommend budgeting between $1,200-$1,600 per month for personal expenses (including food, travel, books, phone, independent travel, etc.). In Fall 2024, students will pay Northeastern’s undergraduate programs tuition rate, which will be posted on the Student Financial Services website.
- If you have additional questions on the NU London Double Degree Program, please contact the NU London Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com or +44 207 637 4550. Please note that the Northeastern University London admissions office operates between 9:00am and 5:30pm GMT Monday to Friday.
- If you have questions about your admission decision and the enrollment process, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Londonscholarsadmissions@northeastern.edu.
- For questions about the London Scholars program, please contact the Global Experience Office at Londonscholars@northeastern.edu or 617-373-6447. If a family member has an emergency and needs to get in contact with someone outside of office hours, please contact NUPD at +1.617.373.3333.